Friday, August 31, 2007

A tough call

I hope people don't mind too much my having switched to comment-screening. What happened is that after deleting, a few days ago, a round of abuse from someone over the question of who is qualified to speak about or for the Iraqi armed resistance, today someone was upset enough over the "Great stuff" post to write in suggesting I might like to disclose who I really am so that he could ascertain how tough I was in real life. I frankly thought that was a really bad idea, and I deleted his comment. He followed that up with a series of comments including discussions about credibility, self-esteem, honesty, and so on. While I thought his remarks were interesting up to a point, I decided they would probably be of limited interest to readers, so I deleted them too. His final remark recapitulated his views on moral values and included a warning against being judgmental about Matt and Laura! I can't make head or tail of it, but given the times we live in, I thought comment-screening might be the timely thing to do. --Badger

1 Comments:

Blogger jaqueleliywn said...

Fashion and image do play a role in sunglass selection. Ever since the 1960s, when FosterGrant ran the "Who's That Behind Those FosterGrants" ad campaign, sunglasses have continued to increase in popularity. From Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider" and John Belushi and Dan Akroyd in "The Blues Brothers" to Tom Cruise in, well, anything ("Risky Business," "Top Gun," "Jerry Maguire," "Mission Impossible II"), sunglasses have become a fashion icon.

Samsung Galaxy S9 vs. Samsung Galaxy S8 OnePlus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S9 vs. 8. Ray Ban Outlet Simplify your gestures. Do not overuse your hands when speaking. But there's also MK Outlet Online the Cheap Michael Kors Handbags simple fact that there are so Coach Outlet Online many $200+ restaurants in this town (many of which are known for steak, just like Charlie Palmer). Even if you're a great restaurant with a fabulous menu and an extensive wine list, it's hard to distinguish yourself from the other really good $200+ steakhouse down Coach Outlet Clearance Sale the street which, BTW, also has a fabulous menu and extensive wine list. I thought Charlie Palmer was good, but it Best Yeezys wasn't a stand out experience Jordan Shoes For Sale that made Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet me want to keep giving them my $200 again and again...

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home